Thursday, November 19, 2009

Process of Forgiveness

As I have thought on “Forgiveness”, I realized that forgiveness comes very easy for me. I typically have my blowup and then I am done. It is over as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately, it may not be that way for the other person involved. Even though forgiveness comes easy for me it is the steps getting to forgiveness that I find myself searching deep within. I can definitely pull away as Mike mentioned during the sermon on Sunday. Sometimes I find myself pulling away and staying away, finding a peace of not having that person or “their” problems in my life. I can even spend time on my own forgiveness because I know I need it. The next step is where the break down begins. I may find myself not praying about the situation enough because of my new found “peace”. I am sure you have heard the saying “the calm before the storm” well that seems to explain me. The next step, “compassion confrontation communication”, is definitely my storm. If I could go from step 1 to forgiveness I would have it made. I do not like confrontation and once I am in the thick of it I tend to let my emotions take control and push God to the back. I do believe that these steps that Mike has given us have allowed me to see the break down in the process for me. I also realized that I need to have more faith in my Lord that He will help me through whatever situation may come my way. These are people God has put into my life for a reason so who am I to discard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment